St John the Baptist, Bishopstone, Wiltshire

Explorer map 130
Grid reference SU 084 265

Click photos to enlarge

stone cloister of two vaulted bays shelters a decorated tomb chest, perhaps that of the founder of the church stone porch to priest's door octagonal font war memorial pulpit panel on pulpit piscina in north transept tomb recess in north transept wall stone coffin lid in north transept tomb chest to rev george augustus montgomery by a w pugin 1844 royal coat of arms chancel east window sidilia

Bibliography: Nikolaus Pevsner - The Buildings of England - Wiltshire, 1975 pp115-117

No. of Bells: 3. Tenor 6.5cwt (~330kg) in G. Unringable

© Peter D Walker